Due to the Memorial Day Holiday, garbage pick-up for residents who would normally be picked up on Monday will be picked up on Wednesday, June 1. Have a safe a happy holiday weekend!
Assessment Roll & Board of Review
For the City of Oconto
The Assessment Roll will be open for inspection at the Oconto Municipal Building, in Council Chambers, 1210 Main Street, Oconto, WI 54153 on:
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Board of Review
The Board of Review for the City of Oconto will meet at the Oconto Municipal Building, 1210 Main Street, Oconto, WI 54153 on the following dates and times:
Monday, May 31, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. (meet to adjourn to July 28, 2016)
Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
Applications for hearings must be made in writing on forms available at the Office of the City Administrator, 1210 Main Street, Oconto, WI 54153
Sara J. Perrizo, CPA
Notice of the City of Oconto
Open Book & Board of Review
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the City of Oconto of Oconto County shall hold the following meetings:
Open Book: Pursuant to Sec. 70.45 of Wis. Statutes, the assessment roll for the Year 2016 assessment will be open for examination on Tuesday, the 12th day of July, 2016 at the City Municipal Building, 1210 Main Street from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM.
Property owners are encouraged to contact R & R Assessing, 307 N Chestnut Avenue, Oconto Falls, Wisconsin (920-846-4250) before July 12, 2016 if they have questions about the valuation of their real estate or personal property.
Board of Review will convene Monday, the 31st day of May, 2016 starting at 4:00 PM and subsequently adjourn until Thursday, the 28th day of July, 2016 starting at 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM at the City Municipal Building, 1210 Main Street to hear objections from property owners who follow the below listed requirements.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of the assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48-hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before the Board during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and files a written objection, that the person provides to the clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of any Board members and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the Board of Review, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board or by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the Assessor or the Objector using the income method of valuation; unless the person supplies the Assessor all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the Assessor’s manual under Sec. 73.03 (2a) of Wis. Statutes, that the Assessor requests.
- The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone.
Respectfully submitted, City of Oconto Administrator Sara J. Perrizo
Published as a Class I Notice