The City of Oconto and the City’s Building Inspection Department would like to help out the citizens by bringing out some of the most common questions that are asked.
A citizen of the City of Oconto that is located in a residential district doing construction and or disposing of waste material and is in need of using a Refuse Container (Dumpster) needs to apply for a dumpster permit. The permit application can be picked up and filled out at City Hall. The fee for such permit is $10.00 and is good for one month with the size being limited to 20 yards.
- Sec. 8-3-13. – Refuse Containers in Residential Districts. (b)Permit. A fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per month shall be paid for this permit. The Building Inspector may issue a permit to a person as required in Subsection (a) for the following purposes subject to the following conditions: (2)Special Events. The Building Inspector may issue a permit for the purpose of holding refuse generated as the result of any special event. As used in this Subsection the term “special event” shall include, but not be limited to, carnivals, auctions, weddings and other family gatherings. The permit issued under this Subsection shall be valid for a period of time not exceeding five (5) days. Said refuse container permitted under this Subsection shall be located where the special event is then occurring. The Building Inspector shall establish the allowable size and number of the refuse containers depending on the number of persons anticipated to attend the said event and shall also designate the area where the said containers may be located. Any person owning an interest in the property where the special event is to occur and any person sponsoring said special event may apply for the permit described in this Subsection. There shall be a five dollar ($5.00) charge per dumpster for this permit. (c)Penalty. Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this Ordinance shall, upon conviction, be subject to a penalty as provided in Section 1-1-7 of this Code, together with the cost of prosecution. Each day a violation continues or occurs shall constitute a separate offense. This Section shall not preclude the City from maintain any appropriate action to prevent or remove a violation of this Section. City of Oconto Inspection Department
- Thank You
- Please feel free to contact the Inspection Department at any time for additional questions.
- (Ord. No. 1018, § 1, 6-11-02; Ord. No. 1039, § 2, 12-14-04; Ord. No. 1040, § 1, 1-11-05
- (3)Permits. A permit is required for any refuse container in any area as defined in Subsection (a) above. Permits shall be issued on a monthly basis. Any refuse container seen from any public thoroughfare that has been granted a monthly permit, for more than six (6) times in any one (1) year, shall have the container in an enclosure as approved by the Building Inspector.
- (1)Construction Refuse. The Building Inspector may issue a permit for the purpose of holding refuse generated as the result of construction then occurring on said property. The permit shall be valid for one (1) month from the date of issuance but the Building Inspector may extend the permit for additional periods of time depending upon the progress of construction occurring on the property. Any refuse container permitted to be placed on the property under this Subsection shall be located on the property where the construction is then occurring and shall not have the capability of holding more than twenty (20) cubic yards. Any such refuse container shall not be placed in the front yard setback as defined in this Code. Any person owning an interest in the said property or the owner or hauler of the refuse container may apply for the permit described herein.
- (a)Refuse Containers in Residential Districts. No person shall place or cause to be placed, or remove or cause to be removed on or from any single-family or multifamily dwellings located in any Residential 1 (R-1) and Residential 2 (R-2) zoned district a refuse container or a series of containers unless a permit is obtained from the Building Inspector.